Business management of dairy cattle operations is increasingly important if family goals are to be achieved in today’s dairy economy. Managing labor and farming operations effectively can lead to improved overall profits and success. The following articles deal with some of the areas that dairy producers should consider, including labor management, dairy farm financial records and analysis, budgeting, and business planning.
- Bidding Strategies for the CWT Herd Buyout Program
- Building Family Business Relations
- Building a Dairy Farm Team
- Establishing and Using a Farm Financial Record-Keeping System
- Evaluating Performance and Providing Feedback to Employees
- Farm Financial Scorecard
- Including Employees in the Decision-Making Process
- Partial Budgeting
- Suggested Chart of Accounts For Computer Accounting and What Should Be in Each Account
- The DuPont Analysis: Making Benchmarking Easier and More Meaningful
- The Economics of Heifer Raising Options
- The Role of Human Resource Management in Risk Management
- What is Your Farm's Future?