Parenting Tips for Your 27-28 Month Old Toddler
How to Play
- Find three or four each of about four different things, like four playing cards, four ribbons, four pebbles, four leaves.
- Mix these up and put them in a pile or a bowl.
- Ask your child to sort them into piles of things that are alike.
- If your child hasn’t learned the word alike, you may have to show him what you mean. Ask, “Are these 2 cards alike? Do they look the same? Put them in this bowl.”
- If your child wants, you can take a turn at sorting too.
To make the game harder, you can make all the things almost alike, such as four small paper squares, four medium-sized paper squares, and four large paper squares.
Remember, play this and any game only as long as it’s fun for your child and for you.