Reviewed and Revised on 10/31/2013
Planning for Energy Efficiency and "Green"
Why Build Green?
When you build a high performance, green and energy efficient home, you get the benefits of greater comfort, lower utility bills, and a healthy home -- all while feeling good about doing your part for the environment and your community. Green homes also:
- Reduce the dependence on non-renewable energy in your community
- Improve air and water quality
- Reduce waste streams
- Conserve and restore natural resources
- Minimize strain on local infrastructure
- Improve overall quality of life
For more information on the many benefits of building a green and energy-efficient home, visit EPA Green Homes, Building America and Energy Star.