Physical development is an important area of child development that includes children's physical growth, as well as their increasing ability to control the muscles of their bodies. Children's physical development follows a predictable pattern, but each child grows at his or her own rate. Active play helps children develop their motor skills. Child care programs can support children's physical development by providing safe surroundings, good nutrition and plenty of time for active play and exploration. Learn more about how child care supports young children's physical and motor development by choosing any of the following articles.
- Supporting Both Large Motor and Small Motor Development in Child Care
- Play Activities to Encourage Motor Development in Child Care
- What Child Care Providers Can Expect in Infants' Physical Development
- What Child Care Providers Can Expect in Toddlers' Physical Development
- What Child Care Providers Can Expect in Preschoolers' Physical Development
- What Child Care Providers Can Expect in the Physical Development of 6 - 8 Year Olds
- Handling Teething in Child Care