This webcast gives the latest information on the effectiveness and value of Vegetative Environmental Buffers, especially as an approach to managing air emissions from animal production facilities. This presentation was originally broadcast on February 26, 2010. More...
View Individual Presentations
What software do you need to view the slides and the videos?
The embedded videos can be viewed full screen by clicking on the icon in the lower right corner.
Vegetative Environmental Buffers & Air Quality
John Tyndall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA (32 minutes)
Effect of Shelterbelts on H2S Emissions from Swine Barns
Dick Nicolai, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD (22 minutes)
Question and Answer
All Presenters (16 minutes)
Download a Copy of This Segment (10.8 MB)
Continuing Education Units
Certified Crop Advisers (CCA, CPAg, or CPSS)
American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS)
Additional Resource and Links
- Vegetative Environmental Buffers
- Research Summary on Windbreak Effectiveness
- Efficacy of Vegetative Environmental Buffers to Mitigate Emissions from Tunnel-Ventilated Poultry Houses
- The Use of Vegetative Environmental Buffers For Livestock and Poultry Odor Mitigation
- Research Summary: Odor Mitigation Using Vegetative Environmental Buffers