The New and Prospective Horse Owner’s Learning Module is comprised of a series of lessons designed to introduce new and potential horse owners to the basic care and management of horses. Materials provided in these lessons will help individuals determine how interested they are in horses and to what extent they want to become involved. The sections within this lesson include:
- Horse Ownership Considerations
- Costs of Horse Ownership
- How to Feed a Horse
- How to Select the Right Horse
- How to Evaluate a Prospective Horse
- Determine your interest level as it relates to horse ownership.
- Understand the costs associated with owning a horse.
- Understand the principles of feeding management.
- Recognize the suitability of the horse and rider combination.
- Develop evaluation skills for selecting the right horse.
Start this Lesson - New and Prospective Horse Owners Lesson
Once you have completed this lesson, please take a few minutes to give us feedback about your learning experience.Provide Feedback.
Once you have completed this lesson you can take other Horses Learning Lessons.