Read About It
- Clean-up and Recovery. Whether you live on a farm or in town, there are certain actions you should take to protect yourself and others when you return after a flood.
- Drying Out After a Flood
- Health Concerns in the Event of a Flood
- Precautions When First Entering a Flooded Home
- What to do When Returning to a Home that has Flooded
- Making Insurance Claims Following a Flood
- Managing Flooded Grain Bins
- Recovering a Flooded Landscape
- Returning to a Farm after a Flood
- Salvaging After Flooding
- Salvaging Flood-Damaged Agricultural Buildings
- DisasterAssistance.gov consolidates disaster assistance information on one Web site.
Hear About It
- First Steps to Flood Recovery (the publication is available from Purdue University)
Watch a Demonstration
- If your home was flooded is a series of four videos produced by Purdue Extension and based on the "First Steps to Flood Recovery" publication.
- Moisture meters measure the moisture content of wood. Ken Hellevang, North Dakota State University Extension Engineer, demonstrates how to use a moisture meter. 7:58 minutes
- Restoring flooded buildings is a 24:49-minute narrated PowerPoint presentation by Ken Hellevang, North Dakota State University Extension Engineer.