The question you have asked relates to risk and feasibility. Given optimal conditions, almost anything can be sold, so the questions you really need to ask yourself are:
* How much money do I want to make?
* How much experience do I have with this product?
* Who would buy this product?
* How much would they pay for it?
* How much would it cost me to grow the product and get it to the customer?
Traditional commodities have more established markets and customer bases. Value-added enterprises may have a limited market base and fewer customers.
A value-added enterprise may be initiated on a smaller scale with fewer inputs than a traditional commodity.
When you have the answers to these questions, you'll have an outline of the feasibility of making money from a product. There are many resources to help you develop answers to these questions.
Click here for one of many resources: