The next webcast is a cooperative effort of University of Maryland's Agriculture Law Education Initiative, University of Maryland Extension Poultry, DAIReXNT, Texas AgriLife Extension, and the LPELC. It is titled "Animal Agriculture: Implications of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Clean Air Act - Recent Litigation and Other Legal Issues". It will be held on August 6, 2015 at 11:00 am central. More information and registration...
The meeting room is opened approximately 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. If you want to bookmark it, the URL for the virtual meeting room is https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/lpelc
Agronomic and Environmental Uses of Biochar - Part 1
History of Biochar Use - Kurt Spokas, USDA ARS
Manufacturing of Biochar - Mike McGolden, Coaltec Energy, Inc.
Properties of Biochar (Physical and Chemical) - Jason Streubel, Convoy of Hope/Evangel University
Continuing Education Units
Certified Crop Advisers (CCA)
- CCAs attending a live webcast should type their name, CCA# and email address into the "chat" pod. This information will be submitted to the CCA program.
- CCAs viewing any of our past (archived) webcasts can receive credit through the self-study option by following links on the CCA Continuing Education page.
American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS)
- ARPAS members viewing live webcasts should type their name, "ARPAS" and email address into the chat pod. The member is still responsible for reporting their attendance to the association.
- ARPAS members viewing any of our past webcasts can also self-certify those credits at the ARPAS Continuing Education page.
- Members of other programs attending live webcasts, should log into the virtual meeting room with their first and last name. After the webcast, they should request an attendance list and flyer from the webcast manager, Leslie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. The member can submit that information to their certifying organization for consideration.
- Members of other programs viewing archived webcasts can request a quiz from the project manager which, after completion, can be submitted along with the flyer to the certifying organization for consideration.
The webcast will be archived and available for on-demand viewing on the Monday following the presentation. Go to webcast archive...