Where can I take a state pesticide exam to become certified to apply pesticides for commercial, industry, or agricultural purposes?

April 23, 2012 Print Friendly and PDF

State pesticide exams are most often administered by the state agency responsible for regulating pesticide certification. The Association of American Pesticide Control Officials (AAPCO) directory provides contact information for state pesticide regulatory agencies. In some states, the university Extension offices offer private applicator examinations. The National Site for the USDA Regional IPM Centers has a Pesticide Safety Education Program Coordinators directory with contact information for University Extension offices.

Connect with us

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Google+


eXtension is an interactive learning environment delivering research-based information emerging from America's land-grant university system.