This Series is hosted by John Hay, University of Nebraska and eXtension Farm Energy. View past webinars in this series at the Farm Energy Media Archive.
Learn about application of the latest technologies for generating energy from biomass feedstocks and solar photovoltaics. Topics may cover subjects of ethanol, biodiesel, biochar, anaerobic digestion, and solar technologies.
These bioenergy web seminars are held the last Friday of each month. Each seminar has a different bioenergy focus presented by experts from throughout the country. There will be a question and answer period. Web seminars are free and there is no need to preregister.
Here are details for the final webcast for the ﬁrst half of 2012. Future seminars will be announced as they are planned. See connection details or previous seminars from this series.
Friday, November 30th 10:00 ‐ 11:00 AM CST
Do you have an experience to present or know someone who does? Please email F. John Hay.
How To Connect:
Start connecting 5 minutes prior to the start time. You need a computer with internet access and speakers. At the meeting time, copy and paste this URL into your browser to enter the meeting:
At the login page, enter as a guest with your name and business or institution and click Enter Room. The audio portion of the meeting will come through your computer speakers. Anytime before the meeting you may visit the following URL to conﬁrm your ability to connect:
Past seminars in this series:
Ethanol Engines (irrigation case study)
- Friday, January 27th
- Spark ignition engines running 98% ethanol are increasing in number to run irrigation pumps in rural Nebraska. The industrial ag products center at UNL has tested these engines and will give an update about their performance and application.
Modern Solar PV Technology
Friday, February 24th
- Presenter: Dr Ned Ianno, Dept of Electrical Engineering, University of Nebrasca-Lincoln
- New solar technologies have increased efficiencies while at the same time reduced costs. The seminar will cover existing and future solar PV technology, providing an overview of the inner workings of solar cells, discuss several common types of solar cell (photovoltaic) systems, and provide a look at new technologies.
Switchgrass Establishment and Production
Biomass for Commercial Heating
- Friday, April 27th
- Alternative Energy Solutions International – Wichita KS
Thermochemical Conversion to Biomass to Fuel
- Friday, May 25th
- Presenter: Dr. Robert Brown - Iowa State University- Bioeconomy Institute.
- Friday, June 29th
- Presenter: Konza Renewable Fuels of Meriden, Kansas.
The Present & Future of Biofuels
- Friday, July 27th
- Presenter: Todd Sneller, administrator for the Nebraska Ethanol Board.
Building Codes in Energy Conservation
- Friday, August 31st
- Presenter: Barry Shull, Architect.
North American Small Wind Certification
- Friday, September 28th
Presenter: Brent Summerville, Technical Director for the Small Wind Certification Council.
Improvements to On-Farm Energy Efficiency: Examples from the Midwest
- Friday, October 26th
Presenter: Chad Martin from Purdue University.
You may subscribe to an RSS feed of recorded webinars.