More Forest Farming information will be coming soon, but in the meantime we are available to field your questions. Please ask your questions or visit our growing FAQ area:
Basics of Forest Farming
- What is agroforestry? What is forest farming?
- What are the terms "non-timber forest products" and "forest farming"? I’ve heard these terms but I’d like more information.
- I’ve heard other terms besides "non-timber forest products." What are these other terms?
- The general term non-timber forest products embraces many different products. How can we categorize them?
- What are some benefits of forest farming?
- Why should I undertake forest farming?
- How do I get started in forest farming?
- Where do I get seeds or cuttings to start forest farming?
- Who can assist me with my forest farming?
- Can I make forest farming part of my forest-management plan?
- Can forests with steep gradients be used for forest farming?
- Is there a limit or recommended number of crops that can be grown together in forest farming?
- Is growing Christmas trees considered forest farming?
- What kinds of trees can be used for log cultivation of mushrooms?
- Can ostrich fern fiddleheads be forest farmed?
- Forest Farming with Non-Timber Products
- Agroforestry for Ecosystem Services and Environmental Benefits
Future topics include:
- The Basics of Forest Farming
- Getting Started
- Management Assistance and Techniques
- Production Possibilities
- Site Requirements
- Policies and Regulation
- Marketing and Finance