The Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center is pleased to host a national conference in 2013. The focus is to integrate research, education and extension efforts related to managing environmental impacts of livestock and poultry production. We are striving for a multidisciplinary environment to "spread" the nation's best science and solutions. The conference will include workshops, tours, posters, commercial exhibits, and oral presentations.
When: April 1-5, 2013
Agenda (& Proceedings Papers)| Printable Agenda | Exhibitors | Live Webcasts | Abstracts
Recent Additions and Changes to this page
- Mar 27 - On-line registration is closed. Please contact Elodie (970-491-2633) to register.
- Mar 26 - poster submission site is closed. (Those wishing to submit a student poster, contact Jill email@example.com)
Hotel & Travel
Grant Hyatt Denver, downtown Denver, Colorado Room reservations. You can also call 888-421-1442. If you call and make reservations, ask for the "Waste to Worth" or "Livestock and Poultry" room block. The rate is $135 for single or double occupancy; $160 for triple and $185 for quadruple occupancy.
A Super Shuttle is available at $22 one-way and $40 round-trip from the airport (You can book online or purchase tickets at the Super Shuttle counter when you arrive). The hotel does charge for parking if you rent a car or drive your own car--call for details.
The conference program is now available! Note: This program is subject to change. Check back here for the latest version.
This brochure is suitable for printing full page (single sided) | half page (double sided). If you would like some pre-printed and mailed to you, contact Jill Heemstra firstname.lastname@example.org or Leslie Johnson email@example.com
Who Should Attend?
Those who make or influence environmental management decisions on livestock and poultry farms. These include: ag and environmental organizations, consultants, cooperative extension agents and specialists, equipment manufacturing and sales reps, farmers/growers, Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) staff, regulatory and policy staff, researchers, and more! Continuing education credits are expected to be available for certified crop advisors, professional animal scientists, professional engineers, technical service providers and others. Register now.
Student Poster Competition
The Ron Sheffield memorial student poster competition will provide cash prizes to the top 3 winners. Competition Announcement
Authors will be asked to submit a short proceedings paper (1 page text + additional graphics) by March 1, 2013.
Proceedings Guidelines (for all presenters)
- Proceedings submission form (posters and oral presentations)
- Proceedings submission form (workshops and panels)
For questions about the proceedings contact Jill Heemstra firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information
- Conference in general: Mark Risse, email@example.com
- Program: Joe Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publicity: Saqib Mukhtar email@example.com
- Sponsorship and Exhibitors: Mike Westendorf firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proceedings: Jill Heemstra email@example.com
- Tours: Jessica Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
With thanks to the rest of our planning committee: Joshua Payne, Oklahoma State University; Rick Stowell, University of Nebraska, Melony Wilson, University of Georgia, Leslie Johnson, University of Nebraska, Craig Wood, National eXtension Initiative, Keith Maxey, Colorado State University
We are grateful for the representation on planning committees from the following organizations:
- Farm Pilot Project Planning, Inc. (FPPC)
- National eXtension Initiative
- EPA Ag Compliance Assistance Center
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service