Nitrate issues from a regional perspective will be discussed in this webcast. Recent findings in California and the proposed solutions will be presented, as will nitrate issues in the Southeast, Midwest, and Intermountain West. This presentation was originally broadcast on May 18, 2012. More...
What software do you need to view the slides and the videos?
The embedded videos can be viewed full screen by clicking on the icon in the lower right corner.
Nitrogen in Groundwater: California
Nitrate Issues with Land Application in the Southeast US
N Losses from Manure Application in Tile Drained Soils
Nitrates in Groundwater in Utah
Question and Answer
All Presenters (5 minutes)
Download a Copy of This Segment (4.5 MB)
Continuing Education Units
Certified Crop Advisers (CCA, CPAg, or CPSS)
View the archive and take the quiz (not available yet). Visit the CCA continuing education page for additional CEU opportunities.
American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS)
Additional Resources and Links
- Tillage and Nutrient Source Effects on Water Quality and Corn Grain Yield from a Flat Landscape
- Fate of nitrogen from agriculture in the southeastern Coastal Plain
- Nitrogen budget for fescue pastures fertilized with broiler litter in Major Land Resource Areas of the southeastern US
- Nitrate-N Distribution and Trends in Shallow Groundwater on an Eastern Coastal Plains Watershed
- Broiler Litter vs. Ammonium Nitrate as Nitrogen Source for Bermudagrass Hay Production: Yield, Nutritive Value, and Nitrate Leaching