Financial planning is a process based on what each person considers most important based on his or her values and goals.
A financial plan is really a coordinated series of plans that begins with goals and objectives reflecting values, attitudes, lifestyle circumstances, needs, and wants. The process helps individuals develop and implement financial moves to reach financial objectives.
Decision making is a very important aspect of the financial planning process. It is the key element in making choices about how to use limited resources to accomplish goals.
- Action Steps Financial Goals
- Creating a Portable File of Important Documents
- Household Filing System
- Household Inventory Form
- Household Recordkeeping
- Income Taxes
- Organize Your Important Papers
- Record of Important Papers
- SMART Financial Goal-Setting
- Saving Money for a College Education or Technical Training
- Saving for Children’s College Education
- Smart Uses for Your Tax Refund
- Working with Financial Professionals