- USDA NIFASmall Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program seeks to encourage new or improved technologies for management of animal manure. The grants are targeted toward technology providers, but the information about funded projects can be utilized by anyone interested in the topic.
- A general listing of NRCS Conservation programs. Specific programs include:
- Financial Assistance Summaries for AFOs is published by EPA for animal feeding operation owners and operators.
- EPA also maintains a Non-point Source Pollution Funding Opportunities website.
- USDA Sustainable Agriculture Reserach and Education (SARE) program offers grants to a wide range of audiences.
- USDA CSREES funding opportunities allows site visitors to search for current opportunities.
- Agriculture Energy Grants are jointly administered by USDA and the Department of Energy (DOE).
- USDA Rural Development grants are focused toward enhancing resources in rural communities.
- US EPA Environmental Finance Program provides financial technical assistance to the regulated community on environmental finance issues, trends, and options.
Authors: Suzy Friedman, Environmental Defense and Susan McCloud, USDA NRCS (retired)