EPA Laws and Programs That Could Affect Agricultural Producers
- The EPA Agriculture Center provides compliance assistance information to ag producers and their advisors through a listserv, toll-free phone number, publications, website and more.
Oil Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures Regulations That May Affect Livestock and Poultry Operations
- Inspection Checklist/Self Assessment from the Heartland Regional Water Quality program.
- Nutrient management planning (NMP) Records Checklist and Sample Records
Publications, Fact Sheets and Articles About Animal Manure Regulations
- EPA Ag Center’s Animal publications
- EPA CAFO Regulations (July 30, 2012)
- EPCRA Reporting: What Is It and Does It Apply To Animal Feeding Operations?
- SPCC Information for Farmers, factsheet
- LPES Curriculum CAFO Fact Sheets (obsolete and are being reviewed for possible update)
- Large Livestock and Poultry Operations May Be Required to Report Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Record Keeping and Inspections for Animal Feeding Operations
- State Specific Manure Nutrient Management Information
Educational and Financial Assistance Resources For Complying With Manure Regulations
- Air Programs (Regulations) That May Affect Livestock and Poultry Operations
- National Financial Assistance Resources
- Water Programs (Regulations) That Can Affect Livestock and Poultry Producers
- Federal Air Quality Regulations and Update on the National Air Emissions Monitoring Study
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Estimation and Reporting
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures
- What To Expect When Your Animal Feeding Operation Is Inspected
Author of this page: Carol Galloway, EPA Ag Center