I want to invite you to come be part of eXtension’s new i-Three Strategy. You can be part of the 200-member i-Three Issue Corps , an i-Three Innovation Lab, or i-Three Rapid Solutions. The Rapid Solutions will be prototyping to deliver fast, effective results that address local issues. Our I-Three Strategy will focus on two broad issues of Climate and Food Systems. These are two issues that are important nationwide.
- We will design and manage rapid solutions that address local, regional, or state issues facing individuals within their communities.
What are the end products?
- Tools and services that can be applied across Cooperative Extension
- Effective and engaging professional development sessions that illustrate how to use and implement the new tools and services emerging from the rapid solutions
- Increased state capacity through technical and process integration with State Extension Systems
How will the i-Three Rapid Solutions happen?
- From October 2015 – August 2016, eight to twelve Rapid Solutions will be developed based on local needs identified by the 200 i-Three Issue Corps members.
- During January and February 2016 there will be virtual meetings to organize and begin initial planning of the Rapid Solutions. We will also develop a plan and implement a strategy of messaging and storytelling about the solutions.
- The i-Three Event to be held March 22 – 25 in San Antonio, TX will contain a Design-A-thon workshop to complete the Rapid Solutions design phase for implementation following the event.
- Rapid Solutions will be conducted from April through August of 2016.
- A complete assessment of the Rapid Solutions process will occur in September 2016.
- All Rapid Solutions results will be submitted for publication in a case study format to the Journal of Extension.
- During the entire Rapid Solutions process a plan will be developed addressing how the process can be implemented for an additional 2000 i-Three Issue Corps members for 2017 and ultimately the entire Cooperative Extension System beyond 2017.
What do you need to do first?
You have to be part of the i-Three Issue Corps. You can nominate yourself, a team, or other individuals or teams you think would benefit from being part of the i-Three Corps. Go to extensionfoundation.fluidreview.com to participate in the nomination process.