We’re searching for a Communications Manager!
Join our virtual team from any location
January 7, 2019 first round of application reviews
eXtension Foundation Communications Manager
Communications and engagement with the Cooperative Extension Service and other eXtension partners across the nation is critical to eXtension viability and future. It is imperative the eXtension stay in touch with the people eXtension serves. eXtension is known for cutting-edge technological leadership over the past several years and now for our Impact Collaborative that is supported through innovation, collaboration, and evaluation. The Impact Collaborative is creating measurable and visible impact at the local level through various strategies. Strategic engagement efforts and marketing are critical to the continued success of eXtension for programming, messaging, marketing, development of appropriate products, as well as engaging our members and stakeholders via the web, social media and other technologies.
The position is full time with eXtension Foundation and reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Communications Manager is responsible for leading, developing and implementing the following priority areas working as a member of the eXtension Foundation team and with our members, collaborators, and stakeholders including Federal Government Agencies, ECOP (Extension Committee on Policy); State Extension Directors, Regional Extension Executive Directors, professional associations and external organizations in our expanding network.
- Leading strategic messaging and implementing tactics for the eXtension Foundation and the Impact Collaborative, which is the signature program for eXtension.
- Effectively working with and communicating within the Cooperative Extension Service including members and non-members, professional associations, regional associations, and national Extension channels.
- Advancing the Impact Collaborative including integration with our customer relationship information flows and our customer relationship system.
- Advancing the national presence of the Cooperative Extension Service through eXtension’s current and future platforms such as Ask an Expert, Articles, Learn and the websites we host on behalf of the Extension system.
- Planning and executing integrated marketing communications and technical solutions including social media, Intranet, website, and event technology.
- Developing and sustaining a collection of impacts, results of project stories, and testimonials about innovation and the results of the Impact Collaborative for engaged Extension professionals,
- Producing high-quality digital media including graphics, video, and audio.
- Continually improving messaging effectiveness including reporting regularly on Google analytics and other performance measures and taking steps to optimize results.
- Exploring new solutions to communication and messaging opportunities including finding new platforms and forging new relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications. Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in communications strategies, marketing packages and reach and ability to write with clarity in a fast-changing environment.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, Cooperative Extension, the audiences they serve and how this higher educational process works.
- Knowledge of communication systems, including experience with graphics, social media, written media, fliers, brochures and ability to create communication pieces that convey the messages with clarity.
- Knowledge and experience with managing networks and engaging them for co-creative efforts.
- Personal computer skills required.
- Experience in effectively working with and managing several projects at once and working with a virtual team across the country.
How to Apply:
Please send your letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com (Brenna Kotar) by December 28, 2018 for first round reviews. First round application review will be January 7, 2019. The position will be advertised until the position is filled.
For more information on the position contact:
Dr. Beverly Coberly
Chief Operation Officer