The call for applications has been extended until May 8, 2017
The Digital Green eXtension Fellow will be a member of the organizing committee for the eXtension Food Systems Impact Collaborative. The Collaborative (formerly the Issue Corps Program) will include approximately 700 Extension professionals and will be announced by eXtension this Spring.
The Fellow can be located anywhere (with an Internet connection) and will focus on cultivating innovative approaches with Collaborative projects in conjunction with Digital Green in the sub-themes of technology for agriculture decision making, crop advice and access to markets. The Fellow will develop a deep understanding and close collaboration with Digital Green. View the recorded webinar from March 8, 2017, on “Enhancing Extension’s Effectiveness: Digital Green’s Innovative Approach“.
Digital Green’s investment in the eXtension Fellow will foster and identify opportunities for technology innovation with U.S. Cooperative Extension.
Need More Information?
Contact Terry Meisenbach at email@example.com
How to Apply
Closing date for the Digital Green Extension Fellowship has been extended to May 8, 2017.
To apply please submit the following information to Brenna Kotar, Assistant to the CEO, eXtension Foundation.
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references, including email and phone number contact
The Digital Green eXtension Fellow will work closely with the eXtension Food Systems Impact Collaborative program manager and the Digital Green liaison to:
- Work with the program manager, program fellow, and eXtension team to recruit a minimum of 70 Food Systems Impact Collaborative members aligned with the sub-themes.
- Foster opportunities, connections, and partnerships among and between Food Systems Impact Collaborative members and Digital Green solutions.
- Coach, evaluate and select a minimum of 5 targeted Collaborative projects (e.g. one from each region) for implementation in conjunction with Digital Green at the local, state or regional levels.
- Serve as a Key Informant to the Corps throughout the Collaborative experience.
- Present this Fellow model and its results for Digital Green to the eXtension Board, ECOP, and USDA-NIFA.
- Write a minimum of three blog posts on extension.org on the fellowship.
- Currently employed at a land-grant university.
- Knowledge and experience with the Cooperative Extension System.
- Knowledge and experience with digital technologies in agriculture decision making, crop advice and access to markets.
- Deep interest in collaborating with Digital Green
- Recruit a minimum of 70 Food Systems Impact Collaborative members aligned with the sub-themes.
- Presentation of this Fellow model and its results for Digital Green to the eXtension Board, ECOP, and USDA-NIFA.
- A minimum of 3 blog posts for Extension professionals on extension.org to include links and resources useful in agriculture decision making, crop advice and access to markets.
- Identification, coaching, and selection of at least 5 Food Systems Impact Collaborative projects for implementation at the local, state or regional levels in collaboration with Digital Green.
The fellowship will run for 10 months approximately June 1, 2017 – March 1, 2018
This is approximately .20 FTE, contracted as a fixed-term project contract, to work with the eXtension Food Systems Impact Collaborative Program Manager to foster local, state and regional projects around the sub-themes of technology for agriculture decision making, crop advice and access to markets in collaboration with Digital Green.
The eXtension Foundation is part of the Cooperative Extension System and serves every land-grant university with a national digital presence. eXtension serves member institutions with a unique innovation and professional development experience called the Impact Collaborative, to help Extension professionals make a more visible and measurable impact on local issues.