The eXtension Impact Collaborative is the only national network in the Land Grant University System that uses a proven process to accelerate capacity for projects with problem-solving teams so that significant local change happens. We do whatever it takes to clear the way with customized and consistent practices offering exceptional expertise and tools that change the way people see what’s possible. The effect is unstoppable momentum. We are catalytic, engaging, and empowering.
The Food Systems Impact Collaborative Program Fellow is responsible for leading the formation and success of the 2017-2018 Food Systems Collaborative, working with the food systems organizing committee and the eXtension Impact Collaborative Project Manager and eXtension team. The position will follow, and improve upon, the Impact Collaborative Operations Guide. This is expected to be a one-year commitment from a professional at a Land-Grant University for .50 -.70 FTE. The person in this position reports to Issue Response Program Director.
- Lead the customization of the eXtension Impact Collaborative process for Food Systems including helping establish the organizing committee, defining judging and outcome assessment metrics and recruiting Key Informants in food systems.
- Recruit approximately 225 project teams aligned with the request for participation from all eXtension member institutions.
- Coach all project teams throughout the process to achieve success. This will include helping define project impact, identifying needs for professional development, assessing progress, and ensuring communication.
- Coordinate with eXtension Evaluation team to evaluate process, project and cohort impact.
- Network with Impact Collaborative fundraising efforts to maximize contacts and professional liaisons.
- Ensure the Food Systems Fellows, including the eXtension Digital Green Fellow, are successful.
- Master’s degree required (minimum).
- Applied expertise and experience in one or more aspect of Food Systems.
- Broad network visibility within the Food Systems realm and ability to bring that network and new relationships to table to achieve the goals of the Food Systems Impact Collaborative.
- Strong communication skills and ability to catalyze their professional network to participate.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Cooperative Extension, experience preferred.
Need More Information?
Contact Terry Meisenbach at email@example.com
How To Apply
Closing date for the position is 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, June 1, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this position please submit the following information to the Assistant to the CEO of the eXtension Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Address your letter to Dr. Christine Geith, CEO, eXtension Foundation.
- Cover Letter
- (3) Three professional references, including email and phone number contact