Food systems is a large topic area, ranging from food production to distribution, purchase, preparation, consumption, and even waste of food. Extension professionals in agriculture, natural resources, community development, foods and nutrition, and youth development all may have projects or programs related to food systems.
How do eXtension and the Impact Collaborative support extension professionals working in the area of food systems?
Whether you have an idea, see a need and aren’t sure how to address it or have an established program in food systems, the Impact Collaborative (IC) can help you! The IC process is structured to incubate innovative ideas and accelerate their development as projects for measurable local impact. Benefits of the IC include:
- Dedicated time for individual or team ideation, planning, and collaboration through events like Designathon One and Designathon Two.
- Connect with other extension professionals working in food systems through designathons, virtual professional development opportunities, and networking.
- Connect with leaders in food systems. IC participants will have access to key informants, a program fellow and organizing committee to help find solutions to barriers or challenges they encounter.
2018 Food Systems Impact Collaborative
- Program Fellow – Melanie Weir
- Request for Applications
- 2018 Impact Collaborative Website
- Digital Green Fellow – Jennifer Cook
Past Food Systems Cohorts
Check out the 2016 Food and Climate IC