The eXtension Foundation is seeking an individual to manage all professional development for the Impact Collaborative. This includes identifying and assessing needs, seeking and implementing creative solutions, including technologies and assessing outcomes and impacts. The Instructional Technologist will work closely with each Impact Collaborative Program Fellow and the Impact Collaborative Program Manager to design, implement and assess successful professional development experiences for all Impact Collaboratives and related initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Issue Response.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a critical thought partner to the Impact Collaborative team taking an enterprise-wide approach to strategic planning, integrating and leveraging professional development into the Impact Collaborative experience.
- Identify and ensure effective professional development for Impact Collaborative members reflecting various innovations, outcomes and effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Integrate technology and actively use data and inquiry to inform practice, modify program design, and promote practices that correlate with outcomes and engagement.
- Continually strengthen eXtension’s capacity to deliver strong professional development outcomes and impacts.
- With the Impact Collaborative leadership team to cultivate partnerships and engage with key donors and funders in support of program vision and mission.
- Develop and foster a close relationship with the Educational Technology Learning Network (EdTechLN).
- Develop and lead the eXtension professional development advisory committee.
- Represent the eXtension Foundation on professional development related task forces and national committees.
- Focus professional development on the goals for CES professionals to be more visible, measurable, and work differently.
- Lead planning and implementation of professional development experiences and technologies for each Impact Collaborative and related initiatives.
- Ability to be a positive, entrepreneurial and high-energy team member.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a virtual team that values results, flexibility, and humility.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, learner and critical thinker with who thrives in a culture that is dynamic, mission-driven and service-oriented.
- Experience in diagnosing, recommending and applying creative learning solutions, including:
- Mobile apps
- Instruction Technology
- Experiential Learning
- Customized learning experiences
- Minimum of a Master’s degree.
- Experience in a virtual team environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Cooperative Extension required.
- 3+ years work in the Educational Technology and/or Professional Development.
- A solid foundation in learning design, pedagogy, assessment, educational program management and technology solutions for engagement and for learning.
- Experience applying various technologies to teaching, learning, engagement, and assessment and evaluating the outcomes.
To apply for this position please submit the following information to Brenna Kotar, Assistant to the CEO, eXtension Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references, including email and phone number contact
The eXtension Foundation is a vital part of the national Cooperative Extension System, the nation’s largest non-formal education system with offices in nearly every U.S. county. eXtension’s mission is to help Cooperative Extension professionals increase their measurable local impact. The eXtension Impact Collaborative is the only national network in the Land Grant University System that uses a proven process to accelerate capacity for projects with problem-solving teams so that significant local change happens. We do whatever it takes to clear the way with customized and consistent practices offering exceptional expertise and tools that change the way people see what’s possible. The effect is unstoppable momentum. We are catalytic, engaging, and empowering.