The eXtension Foundation Impact Collaborative Program Manager is responsible for managing the formation and success of the 2017-2018 eXtension Impact Collaboratives, working with each Impact Collaborative Program Fellow, organizing committees, and the eXtension team. The position will follow, and improve upon, the Impact Collaborative Operations Guide. This is a full-time position, working virtually as a part of the eXtension Foundation. The person in this new position reports to Issue Response Program Director.
- Work with members of the eXtension management team to set the overall strategy and objectives for each Impact Collaborative.
- Collaboratively develop and improve the Impact Collaborative process and its outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Work closely with Impact Collaborative Program Fellows and Issue Response Program Director to track progress and provide updates on any changes in strategy or priorities.
- Facilitate, research, and recommend proposed project submission process for each cohort to ensure ease of use, efficiency, and data gathering for Impact Collaborative project management.
- Work with Impact Collaborative Program Fellows to establish plans and goals for each Collaborative.
- Provide data to the Issue Response Program Director for inclusion in all federal, donor, and eXtension related information requests.
- Manage the submission, notification, and project agreement process for Impact Collaborative members as part of the application and onboarding process.
- Establish priorities within the Impact Collaborative program and recommend resource allocation in line with those priorities.
- Coordinate the process to obtain content about each Impact Collaborative member and project for news, reports and the cohort presence on the Impact Collaborative website throughout the Impact Collaboratives experience.
- Facilitate strategies for the Impact Collaborative project communications: blogging, vlogging, journal articles, social media strategies, and feature articles and more about impact with each Impact Collaborative team
- Research, recommend, manage, and enter data into a data system used to track the progress of the Impact Collaboratives.
- Collaborate closely with other team members including event planning, fundraising, evaluation, strategic messaging, and professional development to ensure successful Impact Collaborative projects.
- Coordinate speakers, facilitators, and key informants for face-to-face and virtual events.
- Facilitate the Program Fellow’s coaching, engagement, and management of Impact Collaborative projects.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree.
- Strong background in project management. Project management certification preferred.
- Strong leadership skills to coordinate and motivate project teams.
- 3+ years documented effective collaboration experience developing new, and managing existing, projects and processes.
- 3+ years demonstrated ability to be an effective and contributing team member.
- Proven track record of using data to make evidence-based decisions for process improvement.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize, recommend and communicate collaborative solutions to team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills–a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public-speaking skills.
- Working knowledge of Cooperative Extension required.
- Action-oriented, flexible, and innovative approach to facilitating the work of others.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Proficiency with Google Apps, WordPress content posting, Zoom, BaseCamp, and Slack.
- Extension program design, delivery and assessment experience preferred.
- Experience in a virtual team environment preferred.
To apply for this position please submit the following information to Brenna Kotar, Assistant to the CEO, eXtension Foundation, email@example.com. Address your letter to Dr. Christine Geith, CEO, eXtension Foundation.
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references, including email and phone number contact
The eXtension Impact Collaborative is the only national network in the Land Grant University System that uses a proven process to accelerate capacity for projects with problem-solving teams so that significant local change happens. We do whatever it takes to clear the way with customized and consistent practices offering proficient tools and expertise that change the way people see what’s possible. The effect is unstoppable momentum. We are catalytic, engaging, and empowering.